The report offers a comprehensive analysis of cosmetics retail in Poland. Taking stock of key trends and latest regulatory developments (e.g. the Sunday trading ban, the new cosmetics products law), it discusses market value, growth, and distribution channel shares in the years to 2018 with a forecast for 2019-2024. It also looks closely and separately at sales of nine key product categories, namely body care, facial care, hair care, perfumes, makeup cosmetics, oral care, dermocosmetics, hair removal, and cosmetics for children, again with a forecast until 2024. Private labels are considered, as well.
The report also identifies and profiles the largest players in cosmetics retail in Poland by sales and store count, discussing their strategies and expansion plans. For non-specialty players like grocers, we estimate how much revenue they earn from cosmetics.
Furthermore, the report presents findings from a new PMR survey into Poles’ cosmetics buying habits. We interviewed a purposive sample of more than 500 adults, asking them about their cosmetics purchases. We looked at women vs. men, propensity to spend on different categories of cosmetics, the most popular channels, or loyalty to brands in selected product categories, among other aspects.
Accompanying the report is an Excel spreadsheet containing key data for further analysis by user, and a PowerPoint version of Executive Summary.
Report update is an Excel file that contains an update of key report data together with our commentary.
What is the content of the report?
- Market value and growth over the last years with an exclusive forecast until 2024
- Sales value by distribution channel in 2015-2024
- Sales value of nine key product segments (body care, facial care, hair care, perfumes, makeup cosmetics, oral care, dermocosmetics, hair removal, and cosmetics for children) with a forecast until 2024
- Value of the premium end of the market in 2015-2024
- Commentary that explains the story behind the data: causes, implications, market development scenarios until 2024
- Poles’ cosmetics buying behaviour – findings from a new PMR survey that interviewed 516 adult Poles
- Impact of new legislation (enacted and planned) on cosmetics retail
- Discussion of the consolidation trend in cosmetics retail in Poland
- Top retailers of cosmetics in Poland by revenue and store count. Their strategies and expansion plans.
- Grocery retailers’ cosmetics offer: how grocers are developing their cosmetics ranges (manufacturer brands and private label), with an estimate of how much revenue Biedronka, Lidl, Tesco, Carrefour, or Auchan earn from cosmetics sales
- Chains’ sales revenues
- Sales per store
- Chains’ store numbers
- The combined market share of the top 20 players
- Revenues of the top 20 players (compared to 10 in previous editions of the report)
- Distribution channels covered: cosmetics stores/drugstores, hypermarkets, supermarkets, discount stores, grocery and general merchandise stores, direct selling, online, open-air markets.